- Camped in Colorado (pictures to come - it was awesome) to help a friend through the weekend he was supposed to get married.
- Went to Kevin’s grandma’s funeral.
And it’s made me think about loss and how we support each other through it…how when someone loses someone their friends and family swoop in. It’s like they’re trying to fill up the void created by the person who died or left for a little while, until the worst part of the pain is over. They know they can’t do it - not completely - but they just get there, just get themselves to the side of the person who’s grieving. It seems almost instinctual, just something we do for each other without having to think.
It’s really touching to me. There are lots of things I don’t like about human beings. But when it comes to supporting people we love through something terrible, I think we do a pretty good job.
- reneenicolesays likes this
- openzen likes this
- happinesslists likes this
- my-little-kumquat said: I like this although I am sorry for the loss of k’s grandma . I think it is great thing of friends & community to shoulder the burdens we face as well as share the joys.
- yearwon likes this
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- aballofsunshine likes this
- dogwalksandmasonjars likes this
- bimsk likes this
- annaverity likes this
- thegreensandyellows likes this
- 3rdcoastfieldnotes likes this
- scatteredscoe likes this
- gradschoolroundtwo said: and p.s. sorry to hear about Kevin’s (and your) loss!!!
- gradschoolroundtwo likes this
- relovingit posted this