Last week, I felt it, considered it, and dismissed it as a momentary, probably caffeine-related, burst of enthusiasm.
But this morning, halfway through my pathetic, slow, halting little thirty minute trot, I felt it again.
Running another marathon is starting to sound kind of awesome. I miss the challenge and the commitment. I miss feeling like a real athlete. The bragging rights. The anticipation. The non-stop eating. I’m still so incredibly happy to be back on my feet - I haven’t started to take it for granted yet - that I’m ready to just go.
However. I’m not sorry I didn’t sign up for Chicago with my sisters. I’ve got a bunch of other stuff going, and I am so not in marathon training shape. I’ve just barely begun running for thirty minute stretches - I’ve only done it three times.
But a small amount of internet research on fabulous, beautiful, exciting races couldn’t hurt, right?
- happinesslists likes this
- mamamcg likes this
- thegreensandyellows said: Denver?
- openzen likes this
- cassieirwin likes this
- 3rdcoastfieldnotes likes this
- citizenkerry likes this
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- itsallaboutthejourney likes this
- brookesnooks likes this
- my-quarterlifecrisis said: did you do the Duluth 2011? My cousin ran that! I will never understand you marathon runners. You are all crazy :o)
- reneenicolesays likes this
- actualhumandisaster likes this
- bimsk likes this
- cupofchi likes this
- relovingit posted this